Rp Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp Community

Role play community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Constantina Bayne-Shadows
Chapter 2: A Change in Tides - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 1:23 pm by kbayne

» Hello
Chapter 2: A Change in Tides - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 3:33 am by kbayne

» Post-Apocalyptica, A Fallout RP
Chapter 2: A Change in Tides - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 10:31 am by Guest

» Lukara Kaniri
Chapter 2: A Change in Tides - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 3:01 pm by Guest

» Ember
Chapter 2: A Change in Tides - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 7:08 pm by Blythe

» Dragcave.net
Chapter 2: A Change in Tides - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 7:56 pm by Blythe

» Academy
Chapter 2: A Change in Tides - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 8:34 pm by Guest

» Hallo, I'm new here
Chapter 2: A Change in Tides - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 11:11 am by Blythe

» Chapter 2: A Change in Tides
Chapter 2: A Change in Tides - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 11:40 pm by Kragel

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 34 on Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:49 pm
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Chapter 2: A Change in Tides

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
RezKai
Admin
RezKai

Male
Number of posts : 224
Humor : I look at you and laugh.......your stupidity amuses me ^-^
Registration date : 2008-02-28

Chapter 2: A Change in Tides - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: A Change in Tides   Chapter 2: A Change in Tides - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 12:53 am

Elazul mulled over what Soul was saying and wondered if there was the possibility of Hrists lackeys just waltzing in. As he thought about that, Elazul began to wonder just who Hrist was and why he was so intent on getting the sword that Elazul now carried.

"That would be rather inconvenient if anyone were to cause problems within these wall I guess." Elazul thought aloud, "By the way Soul, have you ever heard of someone, or thing, by the name of Hrist?"
Back to top Go down
http://www.ftorpc.rpg-board.net
Soul
Soul

Male
Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2008-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: A Change in Tides   Chapter 2: A Change in Tides - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 1:00 am

The spaghetti had just finished and Soul placed three plates out on the bar for each of them.

"Eat up. I didn't slave over a hot stove all day for nothing," Soul chucked.

"Hmm, I think I've heard that name mentioned before, but I can't place it. I really couldn't tell you. Perhaps Kragel would know. Why do you ask?"
Back to top Go down
RezKai
Admin
RezKai

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: A Change in Tides   Chapter 2: A Change in Tides - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 9:41 pm

Elazul eagerly forced down some of his spaghetti and watched Lilea do the same though far more mannerly.

After swallowing his mouthful, Elazul explained, "Hrist was the name of something that is after us, specifically me, for my sword." Elazul looked at his gloved hand and considered showing the sword to Soul but thought better of it. "I was just trying to find out who he is so that I can get an idea of what to expect." Elazul explained further.
Back to top Go down
Soul
Soul

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: A Change in Tides   Chapter 2: A Change in Tides - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 9:53 pm

"Well, since you are worried that someone might be after you, it would be a good thing to keep me around. I can assure you my senses are far more acute so I will be able to know when something is coming a lot sooner."

Soul smiled slyly. He wouldn't have said his sword unless he actually had one. And I know he is hiding some other things besides his sword. But then again, there are things about me those two have yet to learn.
Back to top Go down
RezKai
Admin
RezKai

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: A Change in Tides   Chapter 2: A Change in Tides - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 9:14 am

The two conversed about many different subjects for a couple of hours. Lilea had passed out beside them and seemed to be sleeping fitfully. Elazul looked at her decided it was time for some much needed rest.

"Soul, I believe we should be getting some rest. I do not know what tomorrow will bring but I want to be prepared."
Elazul did not require sleep though, that was another thing that he wondered about.
Back to top Go down
Soul
Soul

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: A Change in Tides   Chapter 2: A Change in Tides - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 4:29 pm

"As you wish. You are the leader. I am merely going along for the ride. Maybe something will come up that interests me."

Soul nodded towards Lilea. "It would be best to not wake her. Do you need help carrying her back upstairs?"

I know I don't need sleep. I guess I will rest for a while and figure out what I am going to do.
Back to top Go down
RezKai
Admin
RezKai

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: A Change in Tides   Chapter 2: A Change in Tides - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 6:15 pm

"I believe I can handle her." Elazul said while effortlessly lifting the nymph, Lilea was ridiculously light to him, most things were light to him. "Where are the beds?" Elazul asked looking at Soul.
Back to top Go down
Soul
Soul

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: A Change in Tides   Chapter 2: A Change in Tides - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 9:35 pm

"Right back where we started at the top of the stairs. I guess I will lead."

Soul led the way to the top of the stairs and pointed out the rooms.

"If you two wish to share a room, you can. I will be across the hall."

Soul turned and went to his room, leaving Elazul and Lilea alone.
Back to top Go down
RezKai
Admin
RezKai

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: A Change in Tides   Chapter 2: A Change in Tides - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 11:22 pm

Elazul twisted the doorknob and stepped into the moderately ornate accommodation. The walls were plain and the room very simple, much to Elazuls liking at the moment. He stepped over to the bed and pulled back the covers lying Lilea down and replacing them. She was deep into sleep, her brow furrowed as she dreamed, exhausted from the recent activity.

Elazul then stepped over to a chair and sat down, legs crossed, in meditation. Hours passed as he focused his energy. Finally Elazul tapped into his ability of telepathy and thoughts began to flow into his head. Lilea was dreaming of the past, what seemed to be a memory of her former life. Soul thoughts flowed but he was too far away to be able to discern them. Now happy that he could tap into this ability, Elazul waited silently for Kragel to return.
Back to top Go down
Soul
Soul

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: A Change in Tides   Chapter 2: A Change in Tides - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 12:15 am

Soul shuddered. He felt a change come over him. Something was setting off his instincts. The creature residing in him was sensing something bad.
Back to top Go down
Kragel
Kragel

Male
Number of posts : 176
Humor : If a fat girl falls in a forest and no one's around to hear it, do the trees laugh?
Registration date : 2008-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: A Change in Tides   Chapter 2: A Change in Tides - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 8:00 pm

Kragel had sat in his room for some hours, playing with the weapon that he had found in the sword hilt. "I think I know what this is..." he said grasping for a book. He found the one he was looking for...a book of prophesies and legends. Most thought the book to be myth...but since Kragel had been alive during the times of the legends, he knew this to be untrue. They were very much real. He quickly flipped through the book till he found what he was looking for. It had no words...but depicted a ritual of a young maiden being sacrificed with a similar weapon. It was on am altar...the same one they had been to only weeks before. The figure doing the sacrifice was cloaked, and only his hands could be see...but they had glowing marking on them, runes of a language that even Kragel did not know. These markings seemed to be made of the same inky substance of the sword...shadow. Kragel looked at his hands. A tiny black mark was forming on the backs, stemming from the palm. "So...the time is nigh..." he said looking up to the ceiling.
Back to top Go down
Soul
Soul

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: A Change in Tides   Chapter 2: A Change in Tides - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 9:56 pm

Laying on his bed, Soul pulled out one of the few possessions he had: his book. He knew there was some tie to his past hidden within the pages of this book. The only problem was unlocking it. Studying the book and the seal on it, he noticed something new. The seal was slightly glowing an icy blue. That was when he noticed the full moon's beams were shining on the book from the window.

Soul walked towards the window with the book and let the beams envelop the book. The seal's glow became blindingly bright, startling him. He dropped the book, and as he did so, the book fell open, landing on a page with a full moon and a snow-covered mountain. Picking up the book, Soul studied the picture. As he did so, a wolf slowly came into the picture that began howling at the moon.

He turned to the beginning of the book to start reading. That was when he noticed that the book was filled with ancient runes instead of languages he was used to seeing.

The hair on the back of his neck stood on end again. His inner beast knew there was something amiss. There was no doubt about it. Soul could only wonder what was in store. He closed the book and hid it back inside his robes. He needed to be ready for anything.
Back to top Go down
RezKai
Admin
RezKai

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: A Change in Tides   Chapter 2: A Change in Tides - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 9:36 pm

The night air felt good to Elazul as he sat quietly in his corner watching Lileas' chest rise and fall marking her deep sleep. The journey had tired her and she needed the rest. Elazul was waiting for time to pass and Kragel to summon them for the next move. To pass the time, Elazul buried himself in deep meditation.
Back to top Go down
Kragel
Kragel

Male
Humor : If a fat girl falls in a forest and no one's around to hear it, do the trees laugh?

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: A Change in Tides   Chapter 2: A Change in Tides - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 12:20 am

Kragel sat upon his bead. He knew the hard times that would be coming soon...and he was a little sad that Soul had to come in at such a bad point. "Maybe when its all over everything will go back to normal," he thought to himself, knowing this was untrue. The time had come, and he now saw what role Elazul would play. He may just be a pawn in all this...but I'll be damned if I don't like the kid," he thought, if only there was a way to do this without going through...'Him.'"
Back to top Go down
Soul
Soul

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: A Change in Tides   Chapter 2: A Change in Tides - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 12:39 am

Soul slowly calmed down. Maybe that was just a warning of trouble brewing. He walked over to the window and stared out the window.

"I guess this time will be just like the rest. Every time I run into Kragel, something happens, and somehow we run into trouble. Who knows? Maybe trouble just comes along when the two of us come together," Soul mused quietly.

He decided standing around anxious wouldn't help matters, so he exited his room to find Kragel. He knew what parts of the place Kragel tended towards. If I remember right, Kragel always had a way of telling whether trouble was going to rear its evil head. Maybe he can set my mind at ease, Soul thought as he followed the hallways, knowing every twist and turn like he had when he truly lived here.

As he approached the door to Kragel's room, his inner beast began warning him, wanting to be unleashed to take care of whatever danger was eminent.
Back to top Go down
RezKai
Admin
RezKai

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: A Change in Tides   Chapter 2: A Change in Tides - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 11:32 pm

Elazul looked at the door as he felt Soul leave his room. He wondered where Soul was going but decided not to worry too much about it.

Lilea began to toss a bit in her sleep from nightmares and Elazul stepped over and laid a hand on her head. Images flowed through to him about exile and punishment for a crime she did not commit. Elazul strung together some happier images and weaved them into her dream and she began to calm down, her breath slowing.

When Lilea was back to a normal sleep, Elazul sat back into his corner and began meditating anew.
Back to top Go down
Kragel
Kragel

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: A Change in Tides   Chapter 2: A Change in Tides - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 10:46 pm

Kragel stared at the book in his hand. He knew the time had come. It was...his destiny. He smiled slowly, realizing what this meant. "So this is why they brought me the boy" he said aloud.
Suddenly he heard a knock on his door. Using his shadow he opened the door without moving from his spot. "My friend, the time is at hand" he said to the elven form before him "We leave at dawn."
Back to top Go down
Soul
Soul

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: A Change in Tides   Chapter 2: A Change in Tides - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 10:56 pm

Soul stared at Kragel and nodded. He knew better than to ask questions.

"Whatever you have planned, I'm in. I am fairly certain I can take whatever you have in mind for me to do."

He glanced over his shoulder and motioned in the direction of Elazul and Lilea's room.

"What about them?"
Back to top Go down
Kragel
Kragel

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: A Change in Tides   Chapter 2: A Change in Tides - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 11:07 pm

"Elazul is as much a part of this as I am..." began the vampire "he will need much help, that I we will provide, but the girl...I'm scared for her...if only she knew what was to come."

Kragel stared up at the ceiling in silence. "Its much too bad" he thought to himself "I was just starting to like her too...oh well."
Back to top Go down
Soul
Soul

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: A Change in Tides   Chapter 2: A Change in Tides - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 12:12 am

Soul took a deep breath. He knew within 24 hours, his world was going to be turned around. Something told him there was going to be death.

He thought back to all the people that he watched die and turned towards a near window, staring into the night. Something is different about this time. I only wish I knew why I have such a horrible feeling...

He turned back towards Kragel. "We should probably get ready. Dawn is quickly approaching."
Back to top Go down
RezKai
Admin
RezKai

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: A Change in Tides   Chapter 2: A Change in Tides - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 1:50 am

Elazul looked up from meditation as he felt a chill flow through him. Looking around he saw nothing important nor did he feel endangered. Silently Elazul shrugged away the chill and got up to stretch. Lilea sighed and rolled over in her bed.

Elazul watched her sleep, wondering how they had come together the four companions. Thought of why he was where he is now. The images swirled in Elazul's head a bit before he settled back into his corner and meditation.
Back to top Go down
Kragel
Kragel

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: A Change in Tides   Chapter 2: A Change in Tides - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 12:31 am

"You're right as always, my friend." Kragel said to his companion. He sent the poor elf off to pack his belongings as well, and started on his own. He knew he didn't have much to bring outside the hilt.
Kragel quickly offered to tell Elzul since Soul had more equipment than him. He also had a few things he needed to discuss with Elazul. When soul closed the door, Kragel forced himself through the signet ring that Elazul wore "We are leaving at sundown" he began "gather your things...and the girl's since she's already asleep"
Back to top Go down
Soul
Soul

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: A Change in Tides   Chapter 2: A Change in Tides - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 2:03 am

Soul returned to his room and looked around. He had very few things to gather. Years of time spent with Kragel taught him to keep things light or find other ways of carrying equipment.

As he picked up his staff, he noticed his hawk came back and was perched on the windowsill. He opened the window and let him in.

"You know, it is kind of odd how you stay by my side even though I am a wolf," Soul said as he played with the bird's beak. "I could turn you into dinner. Or at least a small breakfast," Soul joked until the bird nipped at him. "Well, I guess I deserved that one. Let's get going. I'm sure by now Kragel has already harassed Elazul about getting everything together and I wouldn't want to be the one keeping that vampire waiting...although it is always fun to mess with him."
Back to top Go down
RezKai
Admin
RezKai

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: A Change in Tides   Chapter 2: A Change in Tides - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 2:26 pm

Elazul received Kragels instructions lound and clear. He stood up and stretched again to unknot his muscles from the meditation.

"I wonder where we will go next?"
Elazul thought aloud, his voice soft. He replaced the angelic cloth around his neck into a flowing scarf and stepped over to Lilea. She was still fast asleep, her mentality still working through all that had happened. Elazul lifted her easily and cradled her in his arms. So light he thought, and fragile. She stirred a little from the motion.

Elazul stepped out of the room and down the stairs to the entrance of the mansion to wait for Kragel and Soul to meet him.
Back to top Go down
Kragel
Kragel

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: A Change in Tides   Chapter 2: A Change in Tides - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 10:40 pm

"It is time" Kragel began as the group came down upon him at the bottom of the stairs "Elazul, we must return to the forest of trails...Soul, you aren't needed but may follow like usual if you want, it would be nice to have reinforcements. This may be slightly worse than before, Elazul...this time we have a purpose, and will hit resistance. Blood will spill this time, more than before I'm afraid." There was a distinct sadness in Kragel's voice. The events to come were not to be taken lightly, and he knew evil would come of it that he would have to retain. Oh if only it were easier. he thought to himself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: A Change in Tides   Chapter 2: A Change in Tides - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapter 2: A Change in Tides
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next