Rp Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp Community

Role play community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Constantina Bayne-Shadows
Chapter 2: A Change in Tides - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 1:23 pm by kbayne

» Hello
Chapter 2: A Change in Tides - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 3:33 am by kbayne

» Post-Apocalyptica, A Fallout RP
Chapter 2: A Change in Tides - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 10:31 am by Guest

» Lukara Kaniri
Chapter 2: A Change in Tides - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 3:01 pm by Guest

» Ember
Chapter 2: A Change in Tides - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 7:08 pm by Blythe

» Dragcave.net
Chapter 2: A Change in Tides - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 7:56 pm by Blythe

» Academy
Chapter 2: A Change in Tides - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 8:34 pm by Guest

» Hallo, I'm new here
Chapter 2: A Change in Tides - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 11:11 am by Blythe

» Chapter 2: A Change in Tides
Chapter 2: A Change in Tides - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 11:40 pm by Kragel

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 34 on Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:49 pm
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Chapter 2: A Change in Tides

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Soul
Soul

Male
Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2008-08-01

Chapter 2: A Change in Tides - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: A Change in Tides   Chapter 2: A Change in Tides - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 2:42 pm

"Alright Kragel, how about I strike a balance? I'm looking for some fun, and tonight, or here very soon, at least, it seems you have something really amusing planned. Granted, knowing you, you probably would prefer to do this on your own, but how about a little help? For old times sake. I miss the good old days, and if I am going to be departing with your current company, I have a feeling it will be perhaps an even longer time before our paths cross again. Why not making it like a last run, just the two of us? Who knows when, or even if, we shall have any adventures together again?

Soul waited for a reply as he noticed Kragel's ring, and smiled. He glanced down at his own hand and remembered the ring he wore. It's magic was slightly different from that of Kragel's, but this was merely to disregard the need for multiple signet rings. His ring was attuned to Kragel's, as well as any other that wished to have that connection with Soul.

"You know, when we parted, I had forgotten about the rings. I figured back then, when we parted ways, it was for good. Maybe we will cross paths again."
Back to top Go down
Kragel
Kragel

Male
Number of posts : 176
Humor : If a fat girl falls in a forest and no one's around to hear it, do the trees laugh?
Registration date : 2008-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: A Change in Tides   Chapter 2: A Change in Tides - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 4:03 pm

"I'm sure we will...and we can go on one last run, but there's not much to do here." kragel said "hold on, I have to answer a call"

"Alright, we'll meet you at the restaurant later, there's someone I want you to meet" with that Kragel left the magic of the ring

"We'll go on a little raid...there's a weapon's bunker that stores gems in this area...might as well get some armaments as well as some jewels eh?"

Kragel had hit that bunker before, but he was sure that they had increased their defenses since then...it'd be nice to have a little help the second time around.
Back to top Go down
Soul
Soul

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: A Change in Tides   Chapter 2: A Change in Tides - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 9:39 pm

A grin swept across Soul's face. He remembered the skill involved when working with Kragel. This would be one grand going away party.

"Well, I know you have other plans. Gems and arms just don't seem to captivate your attention as these other plans do. Perhaps we shall do the raid as a warm up for your solo plans. Who knows? You could find something that would make you look even more stylish as you execute your plans. But for now, let's go meet these friends of yours. We can talk about our little...adventure later on."

Soul's eyes seemed to shine with the idea of a raid on the horizon. He needed something exhilarating. These past few years have been a bore for him.
Back to top Go down
Kragel
Kragel

Male
Humor : If a fat girl falls in a forest and no one's around to hear it, do the trees laugh?

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: A Change in Tides   Chapter 2: A Change in Tides - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 10:02 pm

"We shall...now let's be on our way."

And with this, the reunited friends walked down their way to the restaurant that Elazul and Lilea were at. They would need to meet them, and bring them back to Kragel's estate before planning the raid on the weapons bunker. It would be easier to do it tonight today anyway so Kragel could "overthrow" the guild tomorrow. Both would be a fun venture. But first the introductions. They should go well, but who knows with soul...since he would be taking Kragel's place in the group. He hated to leave...but the guild would be his.
Back to top Go down
Soul
Soul

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: A Change in Tides   Chapter 2: A Change in Tides - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 10:08 pm

"Well, it seems like you have barely spent time with them, so while we make our way to your friends, why not tell me of your adventures with them."

Soul was curious at the idea of new companions. He needed adventure, and Kragel seemed sure that they were going to be involved with plenty of it.
Back to top Go down
Kragel
Kragel

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: A Change in Tides   Chapter 2: A Change in Tides - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 12:17 pm

"to be honest, I never really wanted to join them...I was forced into it by the gods. I had just finished a job for the divine empire and was taking a nice long rest...but then I saw some person jumped out of the academy...most likely the research facility. I followed him into the forest of trials and they forced me into that damned forest...Then I went through a long trail to some ruins, and he regained his powers or something...then we ended up here. To say the least it was fun, and I do rather like them...but my aspirations wait no longer. The guild will be mine."

After a long pause Kragel patted Soul on his shoulder. "Come on old friend, let's go."
Back to top Go down
Soul
Soul

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: A Change in Tides   Chapter 2: A Change in Tides - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 11:26 am

Soul walked alongside Kragel, heading towards the next chapter of his life. This seemed to be the path he needed to take. Kragel's friends most likely were lost as it was, so a guide could be useful.

Suddenly, he smiled.

"Hey Kragel, why not make this interesting? Tell me where we are heading, and we can have a race there."
Back to top Go down
RezKai
Admin
RezKai

Male
Number of posts : 224
Humor : I look at you and laugh.......your stupidity amuses me ^-^
Registration date : 2008-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: A Change in Tides   Chapter 2: A Change in Tides - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 10:07 pm

((Lilea is, at the moment, a free character seeing as the player is gone. From this point i will control her actions untill she is replaced.))

Elazul ordered a couple of drinks for both Lilea and himself and relaxed a little in his chair. This place was so strange to him, as was most everything else, for he had never ventured beyond the realm of Divinity.

The drinks were sat in front of the two and Elazul sipped lazily at the strange drink. Lilea twirled the straw in her water and seemed to be thinking of other things, her eyes gazing at nothing.

"Lilea.....what is on you mind?" Elazul asked, "You seem to have alot on it."

Lilea jerked her head slightly as she focused on Elazuls question. She had been thinking of her past and what was to become of her future. Everything that had happened thus far had not pointed her in any familiar directions.

Quietly Lilea said, "Nothing really, just absorbing recent events." She stopped twirling her straw and decided to take a sip of the water.

"Well if you need to talk about anything, I am here for you" Elazul stated.

Lilea looked up from her drink perplexed. Why is he so kind to me? He does not owe me anything. Lilea thought to herself and replied with a soft thank you.

The two fell into a spell of silence after that, neither knowing what to say to the other. The both of them were busy thinking of what was going to happen next. Elazul felt a familiar presence coming towards his location and knew Kragel was on his way.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ftorpc.rpg-board.net
Soul
Soul

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: A Change in Tides   Chapter 2: A Change in Tides - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 12:02 pm

Soul continued following behind Kragel, keeping pace even though Kragel seemed to just pass through people than go around them on this busy street, taking in all the familiar smells he remembered from adventures and trips long gone.

Soul suddenly caught a whiff of a scent he would soon need to know well. The scent of the people Kragel was helping. It seemed to grow steadily stronger as they went along.

"I don't know what it is, but adventure always seems to keep me coming back for more. It might be the thrill, or just having someone's back in the middle of a battle. What about you? What makes you want the power, the control you always seem to be after? What drives you forward?"
Back to top Go down
Kragel
Kragel

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: A Change in Tides   Chapter 2: A Change in Tides - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 4:53 pm

"Soul, I do not mean to be rude, but my goals need not to be known...I adventure for power, that is all you need know...that is all anyone need know." Kragel said, trying to be as nice as possible. He knew what his future held...and he knew it wouldn't be easy for Soul or Elazul to accept, but it would happen whether they wanted it to or not... "Oh well, let us continue on our journey shall we, we're almost there" Kragel said after a long pause his thoughts still upon his grim future.
Back to top Go down
RezKai
Admin
RezKai

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: A Change in Tides   Chapter 2: A Change in Tides - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 8:15 pm

Spotting Kragel making his way towards the pair, Elazul rose and beckoned for Lilea to as well. Together they closed the distance between themselves and Kragel. Elazul noticed that another had accompanied the vampire and immediately began analyzing the man. He seemed confident and skilled, definitely a man to watch closely.

As the two met up with the the others, Elazul lifted his hand in a greeting and stopping in front of the vampire.

"Where to Kragel?" Elazul asked and silently studied the Kragels companion out of the corner of his eye.
Back to top Go down
Kragel
Kragel

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: A Change in Tides   Chapter 2: A Change in Tides - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 11:13 pm

"We are to return to my house. I'm sure we're all tired from our trek...and I'm sure Soul here would like a place to stay. You three can get acquainted along the way...after all, you'll be spending a lot of time together in the days to come" Kragel trailed off, turning around to lead them to his "lair." His mind was still elsewhere...meeting up with Soul reminded him of how close the tasks at hand were. "If only I had more time..." he thought to himself.
Back to top Go down
Soul
Soul

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: A Change in Tides   Chapter 2: A Change in Tides - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 2:10 am

"As you wish, Kragel. We both have our reasons for the secrets we keep. I can only hope there are good reasons behind this one. I think getting everyone settled for the night would be best. Your friends seem beat..."

Soul stopped abruptly and then continued.

"...I'm sorry, that was rude of me referring to you two as if you weren't there. I am Soul, as our mutual friend Kragel pointed out. Who do I have the pleasure of meeting this interesting evening?"

His gaze rose to the skies, studying the moon briefly before returning his gaze to the two unknown individuals.
Back to top Go down
RezKai
Admin
RezKai

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: A Change in Tides   Chapter 2: A Change in Tides - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 6:34 pm

Elazul held Soul's gaze for a moment and then decided to introduce himself and Lilea.

"My name is Elazul," He stated cautiously and then gestured to Lilea, "This is Lilea. A pleasure to meet you."

Elazul stared at Soul for another minute before turning to Kragel.

"What is the quickest way to our destination? Does it have to be a natural transport?" Elazul asked and waited for the reply.
Back to top Go down
Kragel
Kragel

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: A Change in Tides   Chapter 2: A Change in Tides - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 7:08 pm

"Well, Elazul, there are different ways for each of us. You can fly, Soul can...well, he's fast, and Lilea I'm sure can do something that can make her move..." Kragel said in a smart ass tone "buuuut, I suppose I can do things a little faster than you can...follow me" Kragel led the three adventurers to a place that was dark, and almost never traveled. "Hold on" he said as he placed his hand on his shadow. It immediately started to spread to the others, then within seconds each of them were engulfed by it. As the shadow flew from their bodies, they found themselves inside a large house similar to a mansion. "Welcome to chez Kragel" he said raising his arms and turning around to face the squad that stood in front of the enormous doors.
Back to top Go down
Soul
Soul

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: A Change in Tides   Chapter 2: A Change in Tides - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 12:18 pm

Soul glanced around and smiled. He knew this place all too well, even though some of the furniture and such seemed to have changed some. Even the smell seemed to have lingered after all of those years.

"Ah yes, my home away from home. You know, it's been a while since I've done that. I forgot what it felt like. I've strayed away the shadows for a while now."

Turning towards the other two, Soul asked: "Just out of curiosity since we will be traveling together, how well do you two handle danger?"

This time Soul's attention was fully on Elazul, waiting for his answer. His actions depended highly on the answer. He did not want to be caught off guard with these two strangers as he was with the last group he was with.
Back to top Go down
RezKai
Admin
RezKai

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: A Change in Tides   Chapter 2: A Change in Tides - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 11:38 pm

Danger was still a strange term to Elazul for he had not experienced many versions of it. Lilea on the other hand was still frail and innocent, danger had not yet left a mark on her persona.

"In all honesty I don't know what to tell you. We carry with us skills of use in both offensive and defensive forms, but in actual situations we have yet to test our capabilities." Elazul stated to Soul in earnest. The closest thing to danger he had ever felt was the escape from the angelic temple.

Lilea hung back pretty much attatched to Elazuls arm. The man scared her and she felt safe in Elazuls presence. His enigmatic personality had sparked an ongoing interest.
Back to top Go down
Kragel
Kragel

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: A Change in Tides   Chapter 2: A Change in Tides - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 1:16 am

Kragel shot a look towards Lilea, though she was unable to notice, her attention fully on Soul. If only it didn't have to be this way he thought to himself.

"Well, I'd like to show you where you'll be sleeping for the night...buuuut, I'm not so big on bedrooms. After all, I haven't been in a real one since Soul here was born. Anywhere in the house you can find to sleep you can have, I know there are beds somewhere in the house...Soul would know more about it than I would, He keeps after my house while I'm away sometimes, In fact he's here more often than me, and that's saying something since he's not here that much either." Kragel said, obviously trying to make small talk and train away from his current thoughts. Though he knew if he were to succeed he would need to plan...but he had to try his hardest to keep Soul, and especially Elazul in the dark...he needed Elazul more than anyone right now.

"Well, my home is your home...If you want a meal, Elazul, you know how to reach me" Kragel said nodding towards Elazul's hand which held the signet ring. "Now if you'll excuse me, I would like to rest." And with that, Kragel left his new companions in the care of Soul.
Back to top Go down
Soul
Soul

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: A Change in Tides   Chapter 2: A Change in Tides - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 2:41 pm

Soul picked up on Kragel's small talk but knew better than to ask about it. Kragel is hiding something he doesn't want me to know. I guess I will find out when the time is right like usual. All I can do is trust him.

"Well guys, it looks like you are stuck with me. The bedrooms that are readily available are up those stairs and directly to the right. There are two rooms if you wish for separate beds. If you wish to share a room but not a bed, then I'd be more than happy to help move a bed," Soul said as he pointed towards the stairs.

"So, what is on the agenda now?"
Back to top Go down
RezKai
Admin
RezKai

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: A Change in Tides   Chapter 2: A Change in Tides - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 7:55 pm

Elazul pondered what should be done first while they were at the large mansion. Looking at Lilea he asked her what she wanted to do and she responded shyly.

"I-i am kind o-of hungry..." She said trying not to look at Soul. She was nervous around him for they had just met and she sidled over to cling to Elazul.

"I believe that food would be lovely." Elazul said letting Lilea clench his arm. "Would there be any here seeing as this place is so often vacated?"
Back to top Go down
Soul
Soul

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: A Change in Tides   Chapter 2: A Change in Tides - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 11:34 pm

"Heh. Kragel said the place was vacate most of the time. He never said it wasn't kept stocked with supplies and foodstuffs just in case it is no longer vacant. The kitchen is off this way if you wish for something to eat."

Turning towards Lilea, Soul said, "You have nothing to fear while in this mansion. As long as I am here, or Kragel is looking after things, nothing in here shall harm you. You have my word on that, and since I travel a lot, sometimes my word is all I have. Now, what do you wish to eat? There is a wide selection, I wouldn't mind cooking something."

With that, he turned and started walking towards the stairs and kitchen on the first floor.
Back to top Go down
RezKai
Admin
RezKai

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: A Change in Tides   Chapter 2: A Change in Tides - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 11:39 pm

Elazul followed Soul with Lilea in tow and wondered why she had become so attached to him. Soul said that he wouldn't mind cooking anything so that left anything open.

As the entered the kitchen Elazul answered Souls question. "Anything would be great about now, all the activity has left us famished."

Lilea held tight to Elazul for she was still very nervous. Soul seemed nice enough but her ability to trust had shattered due to her past relations. Still though she was so frazzled she was able to peep out a soft thank you to Soul.
Back to top Go down
Soul
Soul

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: A Change in Tides   Chapter 2: A Change in Tides - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 12:15 am

"Hmm, anything, huh? How about some spaghetti?"

Soul stepped into the kitchen and starting hunting different items.

"And you are very welcome Lilea. Oh, and a note to the wise, if anything weird happens in this mansion, or something is after you, call me fast. Yelling my name or whispering it, I still will hear it. Anything in this house has to deal with me if they step out of line, employed or otherwise. Guests remain the exception, as long as they are invited by Kragel, or they are accompanied by me. One of the perks of knowing Kragel for so long...and please do not worry. I just wish for you two to be safe no matter the circumstances. I've learned that always staying positive tends to lead to trouble."
Back to top Go down
RezKai
Admin
RezKai

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: A Change in Tides   Chapter 2: A Change in Tides - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 12:22 am

"Spaghetti sounds great. I appreciate your generosity" Elazul said and took a seat at a table in the kitchen. Lilea seated herself close by in an adjacent chair.

"What exactly did you mean by if anything were to get after us though?" Elazul wondered aloud to Soul.
Back to top Go down
Soul
Soul

Male

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: A Change in Tides   Chapter 2: A Change in Tides - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 12:34 am

"I've never trusted the people that come and go around here. Kragel is the only exception when it comes to this place. Plus, thieves have been known to enter this mansion...and to be banished."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: A Change in Tides   Chapter 2: A Change in Tides - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapter 2: A Change in Tides
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next