Rp Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rp Community

Role play community

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Constantina Bayne-Shadows
Ember Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 1:23 pm by kbayne

» Hello
Ember Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 3:33 am by kbayne

» Post-Apocalyptica, A Fallout RP
Ember Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 10:31 am by Guest

» Lukara Kaniri
Ember Icon_minitimeSat Apr 24, 2010 3:01 pm by Guest

» Ember
Ember Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 7:08 pm by Blythe

» Dragcave.net
Ember Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 7:56 pm by Blythe

» Academy
Ember Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 8:34 pm by Guest

» Hallo, I'm new here
Ember Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 11:11 am by Blythe

» Chapter 2: A Change in Tides
Ember Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 11:40 pm by Kragel

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 34 on Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:49 pm
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Ember

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Blythe
Admin
Blythe

Female
Number of posts : 43
Humor : I like to run with scissors.. they make me feel dangerous.
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Ember Empty
PostSubject: Ember   Ember Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 9:31 pm

The ruins lay 120 yards away from the place where Blythe and Nezach crouched in the darkness. The edge of the forest provided the perfect hiding place from the full moon's soft glow. The night was clear, and the air was crisp and cold. Blythe shivered, not just from the cold, but mostly from excitement. This had been the closest she had ever been to finding out what she was and what she could do to control her affinity for fire. Despite the light the moon provided it wasn't enough for her to see the monks that patrolled and guarded the area around the ruins. Blythe made a mental note of how lucky she was to have Nezach as a friend, whom, with his cat eyes could see the things that the dark wouldn't allow her to. “In about 5 minutes they should be changing shifts.” whispered Nezach. “Get ready."

Blythe nodded.

For 2 days and nights the pair have been watching the area, watching and making note of the monks many shifts. The ruins lay in the middle of nowhere, the perfect place for an ancient underground library. This library was located underneath the ruins, this was the place that Blythe intended to go. The ancient library was thought to be a myth by many, but in hopes that it actually existed Blythe searched for it for most of the 17 years that she had been alive. The library of Scythia was said to hold thousands and thousands of books on the gods, angels, spirits, and (the topic that interested Blythe the most...) Demons. Blythe was a half demon. The spawn of the demon Phoenix. Phoenix was her father, this much she knew and she also knew that her affinity for fire came from him. So far Blythe learned a lot about her powers on her own, but they seemed to be more and more uncontrollable with each raging outburst. Blythe had an epic temper.

Blythe inhaled deeply and then exhaled. She hoped that by learning about her father she could have a better understanding of what she was. “We have one minute left” Nezach's voice managed to find her in the darkness. “Do you remember the plan?”

“Yes.”

“Are you sure you can do this?” asked Nezach.

Blythe sighed. “You worry too much.” She half smiled.

Nezach was a good friend, in fact he was more like the brother she never had; a brother who constantly changed appearance and species. Nezach was a shape shifter and his favorite form was that of a black house cat, which from what Blythe could tell was his choice that night.

“I want to make sure that you remember what to do...let's go over the plan one more time.”

“Ugh!” Blythe whispered in protest. “Fine.”

“Ok, I will stay here and keep watch, I'll alert you of any danger. When the monks return to the monastery you have 2 minutes to get from here to there before the next shift comes in. Be quick and remember not to use your powers for any reason, the monks will be able to sense them if you unleash them. Now when you get inside.....there isn't much advise that I can give you other than to be careful. I don't know what dangers lurk there, considering the monks keep this place so well guarded on the outside who knows what dangers lurk within. This place holds ancient and sacred history so don't underestimate anything here....understand?”

“Mhmmm got it.” Blythe nodded impatiently.

A few moments of silence passed until Nezach spoke again. “They are leaving, NOW GO!” Blythe dashed out of the bushes and ran silently across the field until she reached the ruin yard. She looked around the building for an entry way that led underground. She found it, but of course it was locked. Blythe picked at it with a thin piece of metal she designed herself specifically to pick locks. Within a few seconds the lock sprang open and she was inside. She closed the door silently behind her. She expected darkness but she realized that she was in a candle lit stairway that seemed to travel down endlessly. She took one tentative step down after another and tried to be as quiet as possible so as not to alert anything or anyone there of her presence. She finally reached the bottom after what seemed to be forever and followed the hallway to a huge dimly lit room. She looked about her. She had found the library. Something seemed off. She had access to all of the worlds knowledge and hadn't yet met one obstacle.

She grew paranoid and turned at the ready with every groan, moan, pop, and other noises she heard, but in the end it was only the ancient book shelves who had some how seemed to never have aged. She looked for the demons section, found it and then looked for her fathers name. A glint of light caught her eye, she followed it to its source and found her father's book. It was beautifully bound in a red cover and embroidered with the image of flames and a fierce looking phoenix amongst them. She was entranced by its beauty until a loud thud broke the spell and forced her to whirl around. A creature... a sentry of some kind had found her. It sounded an alarm and bounded for her. She knew Nezach told her not to use her powers, but it was already too late the monks knew she was there.

Before the creature could reach her she unleashed an explosion that knocked the creature back and allowed her to find the stairs and make her escape. When she reached the door she poked her head up and out. The monks were at chaos with themselves. Something was distracting them so they wouldnt notice her. It was Nezach. She took the opportunity and ran for the woods, Nezach followed close behind. They ran until they reached a clearing and knew they were safe from anyone following them. Blythe hadn't the energy to set up camp and passed out among the grass still clutching the book in her arms.
[left]
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/leandraknowswhereyoulives
Blythe
Admin
Blythe

Female

Ember Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ember   Ember Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 9:40 pm

Blythe woke to a rough wet feeling on the tip of her nose. She opened her eyes only to see Nezach's feline face in hers. "Good morning, I'm hungry" he purred. Blythe stretched and yawned. Even though Nezach didn't have a true form, being a cat certainly matched his personality.

"Did you check the bag?" she said.

"Yes, and I'm sorry to inform you that we are out of food."

Blythe sighed and turned over on her side where she spotted the book. "i was hoping to get to read this today." she said. She slowly got to her feet then reached down and picked up the book. She moved over to her bag and gently placed it inside, closed it, and then swung it over her shoulder. " Come on Nezach, the nearest town is two miles away from here."

The two passed Scythia town's gate and were immediately surrounded by merchants and stands that were selling band wagon and propaganda . Blythe moved onward with Nezach on her shoulder. The smell of food notified them that they had entered the restaurant district. A deli on the corner caught her attention. A boy about her age walked away from it, coming at them. He shoved a bag full of food into the bag on his back. Blythe smirked. " I found today's meal, Nezach."

"Why do i get the feeling that today isn't that boy's lucky day?" asked Nezach.

Blythe picked up her pace. She started by acting like she was just walking by when, she used the element of surprise. She slammed herself into the boy's side, grabbed his bag of food, spun around and gave a hard shove in the back that forced him to fall flat on his stomach. She ran out of the town and into the forest that lay beyond it, with Nezach clawing her shoulders. She didn't stop until she was sure that she wasn't followed.
Gasping for air, Blythe leaned against a nearby tree and slid down on her butt. She and Nezach were safe.
Back to top Go down
RezKai
Admin
RezKai

Male
Number of posts : 224
Humor : I look at you and laugh.......your stupidity amuses me ^-^
Registration date : 2008-02-28

Ember Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ember   Ember Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 9:06 am

A foxlike ear twitched as a low thud protruded from the brush, signaling life amongst the trees. A boy with foxlike features hopped to the trees and silently navigated branches to the sound. Poking his head from above a branch, the fox saw a girl and a cat, about to enjoy a meal. Lifting back to the branch, the curious fox stepped off into the air. Standing suspended, he then began to walk the air like ground, gradually turning upside down and stepping face to face with the girl.

"Aren't you a most curious being." The fox stated to the girl, just inches from her face, him upside down and suspended.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ftorpc.rpg-board.net
Blythe
Admin
Blythe

Female

Ember Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ember   Ember Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 7:48 pm

Startled, Blythe instinctively jerked back. Her head meeting with the trunk of the tree behind her with a force that made her wince. Fighting the urge to shout profanities, the girl directed her attention to the being suspended in front of her. Her vision, which had gone fuzzy from the impact, began to clear. She could feel Nezach's paw on her knee, something he only did when he was worried. The half demon blinked away the lasting effects of her impairment and was then able to see the being's facial features. He had white fox ears and hair with black tips. His face was human, but resembled that of a fox. Blythe decided that his most strange, but beautiful feature was his eyes. They were the shiniest and purest blue she had ever seen. They seemed to shine a light of their own.
Confused and entranced, Blythe couldn't utter a word. This boy was the strangest thing she saw since the sentry in the library, but way more intriguing and no where near as terrifying. "Who are you?" Nezach asked. He seemed to be just as perplexed and fascinated as Blythe.

"What are you?" the half demon heard herself say.
Back to top Go down
RezKai
Admin
RezKai

Male

Ember Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ember   Ember Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 10:02 pm

Eliseo stepped closer to the girl, curious about her nature. Seeing many people in his life, the fox had never encountered a person with this aura.

The cat seemed worried, defensive almost and had asked the fox's name, while the girl had asked his species. Looking to the cat then back to the girl, Eliseo decided he would give them a chance. His ears twitched in his curiosity to know more about her.

"My name is Eliseo, Eliseo Abdiel," The kitsune stated calmly, "I am a kitsune, a fox if you will, with special abilities."

Still vertically reversed, Eliseo leaned closer, his eyes barely inches from the girls. "May I ask the same of you?"
Back to top Go down
Blythe
Admin
Blythe

Female

Ember Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ember   Ember Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 5:37 pm

Blythe's eyes crossed momentarily when the kitsune got closer. "My name is Blythe and i am a half demon." She lifted up her hand, the kitsune watched as flames began to dance across her palm. The girl then made a fist and the flames were extinguished. "My friend over there," She nodded at the cat. "is Nezach and he is not at all what he appears to be." To prove her point Nezach shifted his form into the exact likeness of the kitsune's and twitched his ears in the same fashion. "He is a shape shifter from the ethereal plane and my best friend." The demon girl stood up and felt the back of her head . Her encounter with the tree had definitely left its mark. "It's very nice to meet you Eliseo. It's not every day we meet someone as interesting as you on our travels.
Back to top Go down
RezKai
Admin
RezKai

Male

Ember Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ember   Ember Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 9:22 pm

Smiling, the kitsune twisted to the ground, landing neatly on his feet. Eliseo studied the Nezach for a moment and then at the girl.

"Interesting ability Nezach. You and I have something in common." To prove the statement, Eliseo's features began to alter into that of Blythe. "See?"

Reverting back to his original form, the kitsune sat down cross-legged. "Well why don't you eat? You were about to no?" He asked calmly.
Back to top Go down
Blythe
Admin
Blythe

Female

Ember Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ember   Ember Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 9:44 pm

"Hm? Oh yes!" Her encounter with the kitsune made her forget all about her meal. She reached for her bag and pulled out the sack of food she had stolen previously. The bag contained jerky, bread, and carrots. Who ever the boy was that she had stolen from certainly had weird taste when it came to meals, but the girl never complained. One of the cons of being a wanderer was that you were always short on food and cash. "Are you hungry?" The demon asked the fox.
Back to top Go down
RezKai
Admin
RezKai

Male

Ember Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ember   Ember Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 9:58 pm

"No, I am fine." The fox lay back onto the grass and began to levitate, "Thank you though."

To further entertain himself while the two ate, Eliseo pulled a foxfire ball one tail and began to play with it, juggling it in the air.

"Where are you going?" The fox quipped, his ears perking slightly.
Back to top Go down
Blythe
Admin
Blythe

Female

Ember Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ember   Ember Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 9:30 pm

"No where in particular really. Nezach and I just wander around....until recently..." She grew silent and focused her energy on the fire ball that the kitsune was toying with. As he tossed it back up in the air, it hovered and floated over to Blythe. She tossed it back at him and it soon became a game of catch.
Back to top Go down
RezKai
Admin
RezKai

Male

Ember Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ember   Ember Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 8:41 am

The kitsune pawed the fiery ball back and smiled. To him, this was very interesting, having never met a person like Blythe.

"What makes recently such a difference? Are you questing?" The fox asked, having only been in the human realm for five days, he was unused to the customs around.
Back to top Go down
Blythe
Admin
Blythe

Female

Ember Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ember   Ember Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 9:13 pm

" Our wanderings haven't really been wanderings here lately. I've gone on a quest of self discovery, learning about my family and my powers. My origins have always been a mystery to me; here lately it seems that i can't afford to be ignorant any longer. As of yesterday, Nezach and i managed to get our hands on the first piece of the puzzle." She reached for her bag and rummaged through it until her fingers touched the spine of the ancient book. The girl pulled it out and held it up for the kitsune to see. The flames on the cover glinted in the sunlight.

Last edited by Blythe on Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RezKai
Admin
RezKai

Male

Ember Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ember   Ember Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 7:43 pm

The book glinted in the light, showing a crest of flame. Eliseo had heard of Pheonix, the demon of flame, though he did not know much. Blythe was an interesting girl, and he she was so mysterious.

"Pheonix..." The canine demon muttered, "I have heard of him. Why do you seek him?" The foxes ears twitched as he looked into her eyes.
Back to top Go down
Blythe
Admin
Blythe

Female

Ember Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ember   Ember Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 8:01 pm

"He is my father from whom i inherited my affinity for fire. I don't know much about him, and i believe the more i learn about him the more i will understand my powers and my past. It is the reason why i hold this book in my possession. My mother on the other hand.....I don't have as to any clue who or what she is, whether she is alive or dead, but my quest right now is to find the answers which may end up leading me to her. I am alone and this book is the first piece of evidence that proves my existence, a book in which i have yet to read...." The girl studies the book in her lap. As eager as she may have seemed deep down Blythe was afraid. She was afraid of what she would learn and that of what she wouldn't. Fear of the unknown was something that Blythe had hardly ever felt, a feeling she knew that was all too human. The demon girl had seen what her gift could do. Although fire was her friend, it contained a hunger and a rage that could never be satisfied. This fury and hunger a part of her, that at times couldn't....wouldn't be controlled. The girl had witnessed all too many times the destruction that it had caused, that her fire had caused.
Back to top Go down
RezKai
Admin
RezKai

Male

Ember Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ember   Ember Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 8:39 pm

Standing up, the fox thought of his own family, which he never knew. His tree-kin told him of his mother often when he was young.

"Your food is gonna get cold." pointed out the kitsune to Blythe. I thought you were hungry. Eliseo smiled and tilted his head, tails twitching.
Back to top Go down
Blythe
Admin
Blythe

Female

Ember Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ember   Ember Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 8:52 pm

As in response to the mention of her forgotten meal, Blythe's stomach growled. With out hesitation she picked up her food and began shoveling it in her mouth. The day was coming to an end and she hadn't yet set up camp. "Do you wish to stay with us Eliseo? Night will be upon us soon."
Back to top Go down
RezKai
Admin
RezKai

Male

Ember Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ember   Ember Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 10:34 pm

"Well if you wish to stay the night on the cold hard ground, be my guest. Though I have much more comfortable accommodations to rest in." Stated the fox, he hated sleeping outside.

Being a kitsune had many, many benifits, and was very fun too.
Back to top Go down
Blythe
Admin
Blythe

Female

Ember Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ember   Ember Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 9:54 pm

"Nezach and i don't exactly prefer sleeping on the ground , but beggars can't be choosers." Finished with her meal, the girl stood and dusted off the back of her skirt then turned to face the kitsune. Blythe found it funny that someone who was half fox hated sleeping outside. Eliseo was becoming more and more interesting by the minute. The demon girl raised an eyebrow at the fox. "Better accommodations, eh? Mind sharing?"
Back to top Go down
RezKai
Admin
RezKai

Male

Ember Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ember   Ember Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 3:55 pm

Leaping backwards toward the underbrush, the fox smiled cunningly. "It's quite possible I would be willing to share."

Eliseo flipped over the shrubbery and padded towards a large tree. At the base of the giant flora was a hole, just large enough for one of human size to fit.

The surprise waiting for Blythe and Nezach would be fun to watch.
Back to top Go down
Blythe
Admin
Blythe

Female

Ember Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ember   Ember Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 7:26 pm

The demon followed the fox, with the shape shifter following closely behind. They made their way through the brush and soon found themselves standing before a random hole in the ground. The scene reminded Blythe of Alice in Wonderland, a tale that she was told at a distant time.
Back to top Go down
RezKai
Admin
RezKai

Male

Ember Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ember   Ember Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 10:23 pm

"I will go first then you are to follow when you hear my voice, ok?" Eliseo instructed before lifting into the air and diving seamlessly through the portal. The wind and earthy smell of the soil blew around Eliseo as he fell. Suddenly the stone began to shift into stone and marble of white as the fox exited the tube, falling parallel with a slide, and speeding down to the floor of an elegent, mansion like living space.

The fox slide to a slow stop on a stretch of the slide to the main room. Stepping onto the floor, Eliseo looked to a tube in the wall to his left. The tube ran to the tree where a similar opening waited and he yelled through it for Blythe to now follow.

One power of the kitsune that Eliseo was very adept in, spacial manipulation.
Back to top Go down
Blythe
Admin
Blythe

Female

Ember Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ember   Ember Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 6:04 pm

After seeing the fox plunge himself into the hole Nezach was hesitant to jump in. He had a great fear of falling especially into tiny dark places such as the fox's hole. Stealthily, Blythe crept up behind the shape shifter and with a hard shove, sent him sprawling forward into and down the hole. His cat like screams and hisses could be heard all the way down. Blythe waited until she was sure Nezach had reached the bottom and then jumped in herself. It was pitch black, nothing could be seen and the sensation of falling and the rushing of musty air surrounded the demon girl. When she was sure her insides were going to make an exit through her mouth Blythe saw the light at the end of the tunnel and braced herself for impact, Her speed dropped until she was sure she was floating like a feather down to an elegant looking floor. Her boots made contact and Blythe looked at her surroundings. It was as if she stepped into a mansion of some sort,. Every second was making her feel more and more like she was part of some fairy tale.
Back to top Go down
RezKai
Admin
RezKai

Male

Ember Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ember   Ember Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 9:37 am

"Welcome to the outside alternative." Eliseo smiled as he stepped throught he nearest door. A small hallway led him to a room that fanned out and up like an arch creating a large space,like a mansions living room, a kitchen and furniture dotting a corner.

Eliseo was now the hungry one and stepped over to his pantry, he had been here for awhile and had stocked up on some prime vegitables and venison. Selecting some onions, carrots, celery, and other fresh vegitables, a stew was started.

"If your still hungry, I wouldn't mind sharing."
Back to top Go down
Blythe
Admin
Blythe

Female

Ember Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ember   Ember Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 3:05 pm

Blythe picked up Nezach in her arms and followed Eliseo into the kitchen. Her jaw dropped at the sight of the place and at the mention of a home cooked meal Blythe's stomach started to gurgle. The shape shifter heard this and looked at the demon girl with a smirk on his face. "Nothing seems to appease your appetite. You're stomach has been a black hole hear lately. It could devour planets." he said. Offened, Blythe dropped the cat from her arms and it landed on its posterior with an "oof!".

"I would like to join you if you don't mind, Eliseo. May i help cook?"
Back to top Go down
RezKai
Admin
RezKai

Male

Ember Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ember   Ember Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 10:48 am

Looking towards the girl, Eliseo studied her eyes for a moment. "Hmm, maybe, and then again maybe not." The fox tossed an onion over the pot and with deft moves of his knife, sliced it into equal portions for the stew and they fell neatly inside the pot.

"Really all depends on how fun you are to cook with." Eliseo grinned.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ember Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ember   Ember Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ember
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rp Community :: Rave Realms :: Plane of Humans :: Gerald Plains-
Jump to: